Architectural Review Board
The WBOA ARB works with property owners, managers, and tenants to uphold the covenants of the Association. The ARB is comprised of 4 members chosen from leading architects, engineers and business leaders in the region. A combined set of experience and an eye for quality development helps ensure the integrity and value of this Class A park. These professionals volunteer their time to review and applications for development, signs, or any exterior changes to the properties located within Westfields.
It is our desire and philosophy to create a team approach from the beginning as new applicants pursue their development and modifications request. We work with your team from concept to completion to ensure the integrity and quality of design upholds the high standards established here at Westfields. This commitment and fortitude toward maintaining these standards are what has helped attract some of the most influential real estate investors and Fortune 500 corporations to Westfields. Working together we can continue to create something very special here at Westfields.
We encourage all interested parties looking to develop within Westfields to engage the ARB as early as possible in the process to ensure that design and development guidelines are being incorporated and adhere to the covenants. Catching things early can save a lot of time, money and frustration.
We are here to help make your plans a reality. We welcome your thoughts and look forward to working with you. Welcome to Westfields!
Some things to keep in mind before you start planning any development or exterior modifications:
- Engage the ARB early in the process. Even if it is not an “official” submittal we will provide you feedback as you move toward your preliminary submittal to the ARB.
- Please make sure you get a copy of the WBOA Covenants & Restrictions, Development Guidelines, ARB Submittal Fact Sheet. These are available for download on this website.
- Make sure you are aware of the Zoning, FAR limits and other pertinent Fairfax County ordinances and proffers.
- Please follow the ARB submittal guidelines. There is a fee involved for submittals.
- All exterior modifications to include signage must be reviewed and approved by the WBOA/ARB before work may proceed. Pay close attention to the scale of the sign on the building.
Notice: Property owners seeking residential development must first seek WBOA Board of Director's(Declarant) approval for a change of use from commercial to residential prior to seeking additional development steps to include WBOA ARB reviews and approvals. Note: There is no guarantee that a parcel will be allowed to change to residential. Each parcel is considered on its own merit and benefit to the surrounding properties, park and fit within the masterplan and long term vision for Westfields. It is highly recommended that you seek WBOA Board approval and ARB review and approval before submitting any site plans and/or architectural plans to Fairfax County.